Ohio Child Care Center Cleaning Check List
1. Make sure floor mats are cleaned daily with a sanitizing solution.
2. Hardwood and Carpet Floors cleaned daily and sanitized
3. Bedding and sleeping cots cleaned daily and sanitized.
4. All Child care bedding is in good working order. Check weekly
5. All A/C and Furnace filters cleaned weekly
Child Care Center Health and Safety Check List1. First aid supplies stored properly.
2. Each telephone has the poison control, fire, and emergency medical care numbers posted.
3. Toilet rooms clean, well lit, free from odor, ventilated and in good working order daily.
4. Storage areas are safe, uncluttered, and have the proper clearances.
5. Medications stored properly and out of children's reach
6. Maintain a pest control routine
5. Water source approved and properly maintained.
6. Sewage and wastes disposed correctly and properly maintained.
7. Garbage properly disposed of daily.
Infant and Toddler | Day Care Center | Child Care Center Cleaning1. All toys are cleaned and sanitized daily and are safe.
2. Toys and craft items are non-toxic
3. Potty chairs are properly cleaned and sanitized.
4. Disposable towels for cleaning and sanitizing.
5. Hand washing sink for the diaper changing area.
6. Health policies approved and posted.
Best and Cheapest Sanitizing Solution for cleaning a Child Care CenterUse a bleach concoction for general cleaning with 1/4 cup unscented bleach for every 1 gallon of water. This is for heavily dirtied areas. Make the solution fresh daily because it loses strength quickly. Discard the unused portion at the end of the day.
Other soiled areas are cleaned using an anti bacterial soap, water, and a rag. Rinse clean with damp rag. After all of the dirt and grime is removed, spray them with the bleach solution to disinfect. Then, wipe again with a clean damp rag and allow the area to air dry.
Scrub toilet bowls everyday with the bleach solution too. Wipe the bowl all the way to the floor. Also, scrub and disinfect the sinks daily. It is a good idea to wipe the bathroom walls with the bleach solution once per week.
Always use gloves and safety glasses when handling bleach.